Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I was really upset by a close friend last night.
She's christian, and honestly to me, I always never gave a bloddy fuck what the differences of our religion are. It upset me so much that I went offline, and sat in my living room, completely annoyed. I sat there with my bible, and story book, but all I could do, was pray. She ddin't stop. She went on and on, and recited paras of the bible to me.
If anyone has noticed, I NEVER talk about religion to people, hardly.; If I do, it is to people of the same faith, people of my church, my choir.
Faith. Religion. is a PERSONAL search and relationship with God. It is not about fighting till the cows come home about how God works, and what we believe, or any of the bloody man made things people do in religion. So what? At the end of teh day, so what? DOes it mean that much , to pin point which part of the church is wrong, or unbiblical, or that the vatican thinks they are smart old men and change things? They do so to move with the damn times.
Baptism. Don't tell me, you want my priest to pour a bucket on someone's head, or make them go to some river in Singapore to get baptised. This is just an example.
So what if the church uses images to symbolise God, let's say in a praise and worhsip session? If it makes one feel his presence more, why not? Again, this is just an example.
But, let me tell u smth. To me, and to many other people, and even LOGICALLY, every person is God's creation and God's child. Everybody is given a shance to be with God at the end of the day.
And for goodness sake, we DO NOT FOR THE UMPTEEN TIME worship MARY! Which part of "mary and the saints, pray for us" do you not understand? Which part of "Mary mother of God, intersede for us" AINT CLEAR TO YOU.
Don't tell me our rosary is pagan worship. Do you even know what the gentiles did? They went " O God give me money give me money give me money" THAT is repetitive. If a person prays, " God dear father, please.. heal me.. please heal me.." or anything else, and means what he or she says, are u saying it's meaningless?
You pointed out so many other things about the catholic church.
You said in your letter addressed to your loved one, about how you were once catholic and now so happy to be christian, etc etc, quoting and quoting from your bible. Go worship your bible then! Im saying this, and Im not afriad if you're gonna be angry or offended. Even to a friend who you may have thought was christian, how can you start a conversation by saying " Im so glad i denounced my catholic faith!"?

Reading and knowing the gospel and God isnt wrong. To a certain extent, it IS the foundation of our religion or faith. BUT to live your life well, to try your best to be God's follower, in the way you live, treat people, etc is living God's word. I don't need to go into detail and start questioning my faith, or yours for that matter. We all believe in God. FULLSTOP.

If you know everything about God, where is the mystery? Where is that excitement and awe of God? ??? I HATE it when christians or people come up to me and start a whole RELIGION talk. Dont' EVER do that with me. Coz I do not , for one bit, think it's good conversation.

I don't go up to you, and say, HEY, we catholics have SOOOOOO much history, and everywhere in the world, our mass is the same! We go to churches to worship, to the house of God! OH! But how come you christians, cant even get along with each other, and stay put with ONE believe? Why are you all fighting about what to believe and have so many denominations? Where is your church? In a hall? . if you can ans just that ONE question why you have so many denominations, then maybe, just maybe, you can start toking to me about mine.

For heaven's sakes, Im not even interested thats one. And two, which is the most impt: I love my God. I know him, I am happy knwoing him and knowing his enormous love for me, and wanting to be in his likeness as much as possible, and I don't really care what the tiniest of differences are in our churches. Becoz it's never ending. And that search you try so hard to push on, will lead you to realise it's meaninglessness, and what do u gain in d end? More of God's love? Why do you need to go on and on justifying which church or whoose believes are the right ones? That's not what God wants you to do.

Please, stop. Stop throwing all the religions stuff at me. I don't like it at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home