Tuesday, January 06, 2004

and she dreams again...

It was the second day back in school today. This semester has a range of pretty different subjects compared to the previous semesters.; of which, non-linear editing and tv studio production are two of the subjects. I'm quite excited over these two subjects coz my interests in video production lies in these two areas.

Actually, every semester provides a range of different subjects. But however, along the way, I lose interest in the subject(s) very quickly and I go through the semester rather "excited" over maybe, only one subject. I hope it will not be like that this semester. Losing of interest in sibjects(s) has varied reasons. Sometimes, it's a personal realisation that I'm not too keen on it, after knowing more about what it actually is, and sometimes, it's the lecturer,yes, which really shouldn't affect my focus. (damn).

Over the last few semesters, I haven't scored a good score for anything, and the only few subjects i'm quite alright with has been photography, story telling, video production and production planning. The rest of the suybjects that I did ok in was not so much basefd on individual effort. I feel i wasn't good at them.
I hope this semester, I find my muse.

Okay, enough of that said. First day of school was weird for me. The morning didn't start off too well. Everything was quite funky as I got to see the people I've not seen for more than two months, and alot of FMS people were "hanging out" at SIM. First day, I have a lot to say, but I'll put it in one simple phrase: Surpises and shocks. You're wondering what and why exactly? Well, these are the words to describe my reactions for the day, so, link them together and you'll probably figure what I mean.

I was very happy indeed to meet Wen, Shaun, Ria, Cjar and Shawn today. It sure felt good catching up after so long. Bumping into them on the streets don't exactly count, yes? Yes, your memory isn't as fish as mine, I did meet Wen and Shaun during my attachment period, but we're good friends, and I didn't see them since before Christmas, so I miss them. I miss Brighton quite a lot too. it's quite awkward, coz for a period fo time, we met for lunch every other day and even hung out at night.

This discipline is working. I'm trying my best to write proper English from now on. So as to get back the "hang" of writing English the right way and not like I used to. (Though, I really love writing like that). It's training. I feel My English has deteriorated quite largely. This is just one of the many resolutions I'm trying to stick by this year. I'll do them till it becomes second fiddle again, and hence, I won't need to make a consious effort to do them no more.

Alright, I'll go off and have my dinner now. The flu is still bad, and I've passed it to my whole family ( THE GUILT). Hm, I want to be more like a girl. yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home