Thursday, June 15, 2006

There always seems to be something to kep me awake every night. If it is not a movie, it is song writing, if not, a blog or blog entries, or searching online for gigs and music related materials. Tonight, I thought I'd sleep early, but again something has kept me awake. Poetry. I searched, after doing my usual blogging, emailing,chatting, for the poets tht Claire reccomended me. I chanced upon a site I'd been dying to find for so long, mentally. Somehow I never got down to finding it online. A bit like how I'm slow with everything else.

JEANETTE WINTERSON

Justicia, and everyone else who has been a fan of her writing, people i've told about her work, and kept going on and on about... here, pls, go to it, and listen to the audio extracts. I am intrigused and exhilarated to find this tonight.

Linked it is.

And she is by far my ONLY muse from authors, due to my extreme dislike for reading. Till today, she's the only author whom I admire and adore and am inspired by.

I love music, yes and I would buy as many cds as I can lay my hands on. Then I would buy as many films as I can afford, and then I would try to at least buy up Jeanette Winterson's books.

Of coz I loved reading good old Roald Dahl as a child, and the occasional good book, like Virgin Suicides, or Arthur Gold's Memoirs of a Geisha. Not many come across quite like Jeanette Winterson, whoose initials, for the longest time I noticed are J.W. How ironic. Char Shep used to love Milan Kundera, and at one point, I did too.. or maybe I still do.. but that was the past. My love and obsession for getting alot of books died down quickly. it was a passing phase. But the love for her books just doesn't.

This is by far the nicest of her pics I've found online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home