Sunday, August 20, 2006

...in her head again.......

I wrote a new song btw. After Claire left, I felt quite inspired. Coz at tht point this morning, I felt odd and weird. I felt like doing something "Claire-ish" haha. I mean, smth more tori amos, vocally-styled. I have been working on a rift for some time now, way before jw's and my break-up. I used to practise this at his place, but there was just no inspiration to finish it.

Then recently i wrote out two new sets of lyrics. My usual habit, is to always sing and play whatever chords and write at the same time. At least that's how it had been for the last four originals. This time round, I took the rift and staretd playign it on the piano today. I took my latest set of lyrics, and started singing. After three hrs, I came out with a new song. I'm pretty damn proud of it HAHAHA. Coz it's a very different side of me. It's a very different feel. It's my next stage of song writing if you have to give it a period. It's on piano and it's pretty maneageable for me.

Claire is impressive. I read thru her lyrics for her songs, and coz usually she doesn't pronounce all her lyrics so well, or because the methaphors she uses are pretty difficult, so I can never really hear all her words. but damn, she's good. She writes fantastically, and Im astounded by her songs actually. Even Jw is, and Charles has always been impressed by her. But she realli is a writer to look up to. Phrasing and all just flows so well for her.

So my new song is titled " Titled * " HAHA. Not as cheem as claire's.. but I have my reasons. It's lovely. I love it.

Ok, upon request by my bro, here is a preview of it. HAHA.

-Titled *-

[Intro]

Unsure
But
Some funny things
Are happening

I’m not sure
What I should
Be feeling

Kind of a (x2)
Hap-hap-py feeling
Not, over
Exhilarated

[Instru]

Comfortable
Different
Interesting
& Simple

I think
That it is
Mysterious

[2 chord instru]

Is it going well
Or am I making it
Too quick

Slow is what I know
Now, now should be

Abit afraid
I might
Spoil
Slip
NOW

Afraid to appear
Uninteresting
Boring

Perhaps I feel this way
Because I’m only Human (x3)

(C)melissa-desiree

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home