Sunday, October 17, 2004

and she dreams again...

Second day of producxtion over. =) Not bad, I must say, though there was some delay during production time itself, we managed to finish everything we targeted for today. ;p Amin and Jimmy helped out today, coz Rey has been down with gastric flu these two days. I'm pretty happy with everything so far. Our talents are wonderful people. Ah Fai has been very generous and kind to us. I definitely wana treat him or compensate him after production. ;p

I went to catch 2046 after production earlier this evening. Although I was very tired, and pretty ill, i couldnt wait any longer to watch the film. it was worth my while. You know how I have always ranked The Hours as my favourite film, because of the story, the editing, the scripting, and the whole style of the film. It's artdy, but also very tasteful. Heh. Likewise, my favourite sort of books like jeneatte Winterson's Power Book. It's just the way the novel or script is written. The writers' abilities to express themselves with the English language, to create such imagery in your mind, is not a gift everyone posesses.

I fell in love with the Power Book, Virgin Suicides, The Hours, and now tonite, I fell In love with the chinese version of The Hours: 2046. it is , yes, another love story, but it definitely has it's own way of telling itself to you. The scripting was powerful. The confusion was hard to handle in my state, but the substance was so good. Zhang Zhiyi did a very comendable performance in this film. She is indeed a very good actress. With co actors, tony leong, gong li, faye wong, who also carried off the characters very convincingly, the film was yummy.

this is smth I remember from it: "Two persons could be meant for each other, but they meet at the wrong time. Either too early or too late, they become incompatible. "

"she kept asking him: Arent there some things that never change? He knew immediately what she meant."

"he wanted to give the story a happier ending. But he sat there for 100 hours, and he just couldnt' write out a happier ending. she liked the story very much, but the ending was much too depressing."

"Memories, are traces...of tears. We stay in 2046, because it never changes. The people who go there, never come back. "

"I needed an answer, so on her body, I tried to find the answers I'd been searching for, for so long."

"Maybe she didn't reply, not because she as delayed, or slow, but maybe simply because she didn't like you, or that she loved some one else."

"since we were together, i'd stopped bringing other men back. can you stop bringing other women back? "

"I just need company. So, I asked you out. So, I'm just borrowing some company. So then, am I borrowing you, or you borrowing me?"

"Everyone needs comfort. Esp on Christmas eve, people usually need alittle bit more warmth. i didn't get it this Christmas eve, but it doesn't matter."

"I came here last Christmas eve, just hoping to look for you. i dont know why that nite, i missed you especailly."

"She wanted to be with the japanese guy, but her father refused. Since then i keep hearing her talking to herself."


..............................

I think I had two persons I loved. Now I have none. It was you baby, *W*, but I gave up, coz it hurt too much after 2+ years. I can't keep it in anymore, and I can't continue coz it's too painful, not being able to love you.

then when i closed that chapter, something fesh opened. it stole my entire heart. I could no longer look back at the previous chapter the same way. *W, our chapter still has a bookmark, but it's a bookmakr I won't touch again, until you want me to open it again. This new chapter, *N, belongs to you. I can't explain, but womean have sixth sense, and I know, I've already lost you, completely. You just walkd in and sneeked out of my life. Why? I wish I could be given a chance. It's such a waste, on both our parts. I truly feel there could have been something more. I've fallen in "like" with you. I just kep re-playing the short memories I have of you. I miss you very very very much. There's nothing I can do about it except write it here, and you won't even see this. I miss you Nel. Can I call?......




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home