Saturday, September 23, 2006

Saturday, 23rd September 2006

-Disappointmets of the day-

Please allow me to start with the distio0nary meanings of the word disappointment.

(1)
dis‧ap‧point‧ment  /ˌdɪsəˈpɔɪntmənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[dis-uh-point-muhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the act or fact of disappointing: All of his efforts only led to the disappointment of his supporters.
2. the state or feeling of being disappointed: Her disappointment was very great when she didn't get the job.
3. a person or thing that disappoints: The play was a disappointment.
[Origin: 1605–15; disappoint + -ment]

—Synonyms 1. failure, defeat, frustration.

(2)
Dis·ap·point·ment (ds-pointmnt) Pronunciation Key Audio pronunciation of "disappointment" [P] , Cape

A cape of southwest Washington on the northern side of the mouth of the Columbia River. It was named in 1788 by a British sea captain who was searching for the fabled River of the West and was disappointed when he did not discover a wide river mouth.

(3)
dis·ap·point·ment (ds-pointmnt) Pronunciation Key Audio pronunciation of "disappointment" [P]
n.

1.
1. The act of disappointing.
2. The condition or feeling of being disappointed.
2. One that disappoints.

(4)
disappointment

n 1: a feeling of dissatisfaction that results when your expectations are not realized; "his hopes were so high he was doomed to disappointment" [syn: letdown] 2: an act (or failure to act) that disappoints someone.


Okay, now with the word explained, let me explain how many disappointments I felt today.

(1) After a month of working so hard to teach my little kid; my first tuition kid at that, the mother called the tuition agency after today's tuition, and said she doesn't want to continue anymore. I only earned 65dollars from her today. This 65 was for the whole month to me, coz the tuition agency took half month, as commission. :( I bought this kid assesment books, fullscap paper, gifts, and read him stories even! Sick a few times and I still went to teach him. I really wanted him to improve. And I could see he was starting to. Don't knwow aht's wrong with this mother of his. There goes half oc my CPF that I planned to earn back thru this tuition. Then Blujaz doesnt call all the time. So, Im really scratching my head now. But i'll figure something out. Im very disappointed though.

(2) Today was the last straw with him. I've had enough. It hurt so bad, and even on a friends level, disappointed me to a great degree. It told me so much, him not turning up for jam. If a person cared enough about playing with you, he or she would call to reconfirm if u didn't. This is normal protocall. I wasnt sure if I was over reacting so I asked Pat and Amanda. And I dont think I am. I didnt say cancel at all. I hate this sort of attitude. Esp towards music and even towards friends. It hurts very much. More so that he knew I was sick, didn't bother to ask, and further didnt bother to ask if the jam was still on. Ive made the necessary changes already. I guess it was meant to be this way, since I'd been pondering over this for a long time as well. I don't see a need to explain because he has never as much given me explainations to many things. I'm really disappointed. Hurt as well. Ive had enough of loving, and not even having decent friendly care from him. I prefer honesty at all times. I hate it when people say but dont mean what they say. Once u make a promise, u do it. It is NOT something he doesn't already understand about life.

(3) I went down to buy groceries. Need I mention how things are getting so expensive these days? I blew half of my earnings today on groceries and necessities. Haiz, but nvm, what totally tested me was that my favourite pair of slippers BROKE. Great huh.
Darnns..

Anyway, jam was not too bad. I really appreciate Pat's and Amanda's musical help and input, and even more so their time. Amanda harmonises very well. I love her voice. We'll be playing together in Dec as well. Am very happy.

Ooo.. my cousin, mel tan, mel lim, freda, nick, and dont know who else has seen me in seventeen! HAHAH but the pic is sooo FUGLY!!!! eeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home