Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wednesday, 20th Sept 2006 [just edited speeling errors heh]

I had a really long, and busy day. Really tired. Hahaa. But so satisfied, so happy. But absolutely zoned out.

Work was endless today. Lots of makring and endless questions from my kids. I have 3 kids in the morning, and 12 others in the afternoon. The morning kids take lunch at 11am. I have to make sure they shower and eat and change by a certain time and wait outside for their buses. Questions and marking starts the min I start work. Sleeping brain or not. Hahaha. The afternoon kids come in at 1-130pm. This is my lunch break. Lunch is home cooked. GOODIE. These kids, are from these few schools: Tao Nan Pri, Haig Girls, KC, Kong Hwa, Maha Boodhi. Yea. Four of them are related by blood. Two of them are classmates. half of them are high flyers. Half of them are notti.

They come to the centre either before or after school, and basically the only admin I have, is marking attendance, checking their bags, checking their journals, communication books, feeding them all, making them do work, and photocopying their exams results, test results if any. I have to take note of all their spelling dictation dates, and test them. I have to go thur all their school homework, to check for errors and teach them, and also, give them work from the already prepared worksheets and photostated assasment books and papers, which we have a aplenty here! Never nothing to do! The kids' parents are all different kinds la. Some are nice, some , like one of the boy's parents, gave us two piles of exam papers, bought, from different schools, and told us the boy must finish them all before SA2. SIGHS.

So I have to go thru their school homework, and those I give them. That's how the marking keeps piling. heh. I have a few P1s, a few P2s, a few P4s, and one p5 gurl, who HAPPPENS to be the daughter of one of the bosses. GREAT. HAhaha, She's good to teach la, nice girl, but I swear she's rather spoilt, and her mother, aiyo, she's so cheap skate la. HAHAHA. Shhhh. Anyway, I pity these kids. They wana play, talk and all, but work and work and more work. Tuition even after school and being at the centre. Geesh. I mean, well, now I look at it, and feel, yea, I'd rather be a student, but it's good they learn how difficult life is. And they live such a cushy life already.

The standard of syllabus now is very frightening. The work they are doing, like my p5 gurl, is freaking sec one, sec two work. I was baffled by three maths questions today. U noe how baD that is?!?!!?!? For MEEE not to be able to answer! Very tricky questions. Even my p4 and p2s maths questions are no longer so straight forward.

Neways, I stayed at work till 630, coz my kids needed me. And I got late for my 730 tuition. I was starvin and needed to pee so badly on the bus. Have to take two buses to tuition kid now, with quite a walk, AIYOOO, hahahaa, and the bus passes home!!!! *___*. Wanted so badly to alight, hahaha. While I was on the bus, I felt so hungry and tired, and while smsing Christine, I wondered if it was worth it, travelling so far from work to go teach Zhe Hui. I was most afraid his mother might not want me to continue. But surprisingly, she seemed really ok about it. Thank God, that they had biscuits at home, so that put something into my tummy, till I was done with tuition.

So I headed back to my area, had dinner and now Here I am typing this.
I'm not complaining. I'm glad I'm giving my all to the job and my tuition kid. Im giving my all to everything now, coz thts all I can do. That's my purpose for now. Im also doing part time at Blujaz on the weekends, as long as I have nothing too impt on. Along with tht, jams for the two gigs are starting this week. Pat's really lazy and unbothered abt the wole thing. It irritates me that he cant be bothered to even take a look at the stuff I sent via email. he asked me what hes playing even, and said he'd rather do percussion than lead. Then no need to learn. WTF. I hate it when he gives me this sort of attitude. I ask him nicely to go see the email or my file, on the TABLE since he doesnt noe. And he asks me AGAIN the next day. What kind of fucking attitude is that??? Im totally fine with him. Its just this. It makes me want to cancel both gigs. Coz I dont feel good. Shud just do a duo with Amanda or smth. Maybe december pass it to Charles, or if not, hopefully I pray hard tht Charles will be free to play. I dont like working with musicians who give stinky attitudes. Whatever the reason.

Anyways, Im pooped man. See u all. IM out of here.

...mmm..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home