Friday, April 28, 2006

Some quotes off Justicia's page. I can't swallow the first set but the rest are worth thought.

Love Quotes
"You can shed tears that she is gone,
or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her only that she is gone,
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what she'd want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on."
- David Harkins, British Poet and Painter b.1958

"Just so you know, there's a space that only you can fill. Just so you know, I loved you then, I guess I always will." - Anonymous

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence."
- Erich Fromm

"If you have to think about whether you love someone or not then the answer is no. When you love someone you just know." - Janice Markowitz

"After all... I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her."
- Anna Scott, in Notting Hill

"Stop lying to yourself.
You’re just giving yourself an excuse to think of him.
With every piece you put in, you think of him once.
The more puzzles you piece together, the more you think of him."

The Notebook(
from the book and film) -to me, very similar to jeanetter Winterson's quotes, and I love them.

Young Noah: My Dearest Allie. I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us. I'm not bitter any more, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I'll be seeing you. Noah

Noah: I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Young Allie: Why didn't you write me? Why? It wasn't over for me, I waited for you for seven years. But now it?s too late.
Young Noah: I wrote you 365 letters. I wrote you everyday for a year.
Young Allie: You wrote me?
Young Noah: Yes... it wasn't over, it still isn't over.

Duke: That's my sweetheart in there. Wherever she is, that's where my home is.

Young Allie: So what?
Young Noah: So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I though that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out.
Young Allie: What easy way? There is no easy way, no matter what I do, somebody gets hurt.
Young Noah: Would you stop thinking about what everyone wants? Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do YOU want? What do you WANT?
Young Allie: It's not that simple.
Young Noah: What... do... you... want? Whaddaya want?
Young Allie: I have to go now.


also off her page--ive read this before, but it really makes sense now.

I've Learned


I've learned -
that you cannot make someone love you.
All you can do is be someone who can be loved.
The rest is up to them.

I've learned -
that no matter how much I care,
some people just don't care
back.

I've learned -
that it takes years to build up trust,
and only seconds to destroy it.



I've learned -
that it's not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts.

I've learned -
that you can get by on charm for about fifteen minutes.
After that, you'd better know something.

I've learned -
that you shouldn't compare yourself to the best others can do but to the best you can do.

I've learned -
that it's not what happens to people that's important.

It's what they do about it.

I've learned -
that you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.


I've learned -
that no matter how thin you slice it,
there are always two sides.

I've learned -
that it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I've learned -
that it's a lot easier to react than it is to think.

I've learned -
that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.

I've learned -
that you can keep going long after you think you can't.

I've learned -
that we are responsible for what we do,
no matter how we feel.

I've learned -
that either you control your attitude or it controls you.

I've learned -
that regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first,
the passion fades and
there had better be something else to take its place.

I've learned -
that learning to forgive takes practice.

I've learned -
that there are people who love you dearly,
but just don't know how to show it.

I've learned -
that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing
and have the best time.

I've learned -
that sometimes when I'm angry
I have the right to be angry,
but that doesn't give me
the right to be cruel.

I've learned -
that just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to
doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.


I've learned -
that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had
and what you've learned from them
and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

I've learned -
that it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others.
Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.

I've learned -
that no matter how bad your heart is broken
the world doesn't stop for your grief.

I've learned -
that our background and circumstances
may have influenced who we are,
but we are responsible for who we become.

I've learned -
that sometimes you have to put the individual ahead of their actions.

I've learned -
that we don't have to change friends
if we understand that friends change.

I've learned -
that two people can look at the exact same thing
and see something totally different.

I've learned -
that there are many ways of falling and staying in love.

I've learned -
that no matter the consequences,
those who are honest with themselves
get farther in life.

I've learned -
that your life can be changed in a matter of hours
by people who don't even know you.


I've learned -
that the paradigm we live in
is not all that is offered to us.

I've learned -
that credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.

I've learned -
that although the word "love" can have many different meanings,
it loses value when overly used.

And I've learned -
that our legs are for us to move forward bravely and carry on with our lives.


- Excerpts from I've Learned by Kathy Kane Hansen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home