Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Bus 31

You have a long relationship with me, bus 31.
I knew you when I was 11, and I have taken your bus route for the last 10 years.
You have seen me thru my upper pri schl life, sec schl life, my poly life, and now my working life.
If there's any bus I've taken most, it's you. Schl days, back and forth marine parade, twice everyday. The journey I remember, was 45 mins to tampines. Today I can close my eyes and know exactly which part of the bus route i'n on.
Then for a while, I didnt take your bus tht regualrly, coz I was in poly. I took u mostly to mandarin gardens for church meetings, or parkway for meals. But I started frequenting you alot while I was in love. I became a resident of marine parade even at one point, and I knew all the buses tht were along the same route. I knew tht bus stop outside laguna park especially well. I knew the bus stop outside blk 58 esp well too. For the period of one and a half years, I took yr bus so often to go to my ex bf's place. I recall , haha, many times running after you. I have stopped at all the bus stops of your bus route by now I figure! I used to stop before bedok, to go to OEPS to teach too. I stopped outside temasek jc abit too. But of coz the most being outside the two KC bus stops, and then parkway. His place prob might just have beaten that.
NOW, I take you to work everyday to marine parade library. What can I say. Every morning and evening, the bus ride, is a playback of my entire life, each stop, depciting a different story, a different stage of my life that the bus shared with me over the years. But I hate especially stopping at the last bus stop, before turning to head to bedok......your old place, that I'd never need to go to again.
We started and ended at your old place. Your chapter closed when you shifted.
Bus 31, I guess I'll be taking your bus route for many more years to come. Who knows they'll be a new story to tell on one of your bus stops i stop at in future.




appreciate the convo tonite , charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home