Sunday, June 25, 2006

^__________^ "POST GIG HIGH"

My first, PROPER, full set, GIG, earlier tonight went really well : ) Band was great! Members: Patrick on lead guits (SAVED me dayyyyyy alottttt even with song change), Fadlhy on rhythm guits.. cool stuff there. Kennneth! (doctor to be in 6 yrs time maybe) on BASS! wooo...(both of them claire's good friends), and OMG MY FENDI on drums! HE, to me stands side by side SIMON : ) Awesome drummers BOTH OF THEM! : ) he really helped get the band tight today during jam. Timing and all. Have ALWAYS loved him for tht. REALLY. We both didnt even realise it's been more than a yr tht we've known each other. WOW. And he gave up a DATE AND A DINNER to play for me tonight.

How else could I repay them? decided to treat them all makan!!! =) They are worth it. Truly musicians at heart.

So, once again, thanks to my band " The Lull Sensations" :P Heh, charles, in yr honour.. haha, for a really great gig, and thanks to my neighbour su-mei and her friend who came down...:P Thanks Claire, for coming too : ) BUT MOST OF ALL, ELDRED AND ANDREA... the west and north persdons respectively, OMG... thank you. Eld just came back from canada, and I've not seen him for 2 and a half yrs. OMG. I finally get to meet him again!

We did my four originals, namely: Home To You, Run Home Girl, Those Moonlit Nights, and Take Me Away. Firs two was purely accoustic, and the following two were full band. Then we did four covers,and esp due to lack of time to practise, I decided we cover Lonestar, (being the song i been giggin since i started doing features with Charles and our previous band, The Lull, heh, and also since he taught me how to sing this song well), The Blower's Daughter (which originally we wanted Alone Again, Naturally, but even pat found it far too difficult to play.. so I decided to do another Damo, in Charles name too ahaha and I loved it for the longest time, really..felt good doing the ENTIRE song this time), Cold Water (after being inspired by one of Damo's vids on u-tube), and The Long Day Is Over (what better way to end it?) Lastly,I did a solo short version of Adieu again, for Anthony, and to commemorate our end jan Marine Cove jam, ( as i did it last time too), and to end off the set. It felt very good. The crowd, however, wasn't very encouraging. Nonetheless, the band did so well for three days... wow...two days rather, and one day for pat and fendi. U call these TRUE musicians. : ) TOTALLy .

There was a girl called Andrea who plyaed half hr before us, and an hr after us. She was GOOD. Comes from US , and tonite was ger 14th or 15th gig in Singapore. She's flying back on Monday and she has her own album. WOWWWWW. Her originals are very interesting and she plays guit as well as Charles does.

She also had a percussionist with her. He lloked Asian. He had this EXTREMELY cool looking drum come percussion tht looked like any amp, in terms of shape and size and design, but it's a drum. i forgot the name but it was so fucking cool.

Overall, what else do I have to say? GOD, THANK YOU.GOD, THANK YOU.GOD, THANK YOU.GOD, THANK YOU.GOD, THANK YOU.GOD, THANK YOU.GOD, THANK YOU.GOD, THANK YOU.

Truly a blessing. I prayed abt it, and my nerves were initially there, but I gave my best and he helped me cover up lyrics I forgot and no one knew tht i sang wrong lyrics except my band members themselves! ^^ And, God gave me a last min lead guitarist and drummer. What can i say. It was an UNFORGETTABLE experience. I was very happy tonight. No doubt about it.

I wished Harri was there though.

On MORE SERIOUS note, I realised that i6s nothing wrong for me to be sociable? but my social nuances are really bad. Sometiems i sayt hings otu too fast, or word spread and spread, coz u tell others not to tell.. and it gets out of hand.. and I realised my godbrother is really angry with me now. Totally unintentional and i hate myself for having hurt my godbro... i love him, but now my enthusiasm for him has turned to smth i didnt want it to be....and now second person....I kinda or rather i did piss Claire off today. Argh... all these things we do between friends, i certainly mean no harm... I hate it tht i made her angry... and yes iam definitely at fault..coz I noe if such news spread ard, it wudnt be too good for her or him...but i actually didnt say anything to kenn abt them... it just appeared so wrong and i think she took offence from there. I dont wana lose friends just coz of my stupid mistakes. Im sorry.. : (

Okay... anyway.. I KNOW THIS GUY....and he's intelligent..olrite looking but gd enuff for me... very high achiever, but thts good. Only makes me feel terrible abt myself though. Hes got like a ten plus yr plan and i have none. But, I think i'll just stop at feeling a slight fondness for him. He's comfortable to chat with, though half the time i feel my face gg red, and his music taste is like my old days... yet he listens to today's stuff as well..and eh plays guit and bass HAHAHA. He'll never like me i noe tht, but just being his friend is nice enuff already. I hardly noe him actually, but i think its always nicer tht way. Yea, so i know a guy, and hes sweet and smart. Oh well. WHat am i.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home