Friday, August 05, 2005

and she dreams again...

Before, After, and Now.

HEYa! Another day at work. I'm loving it more and more each day! :) My bosses are really nice, but now I constantly remember what Ms Ye tauight me: Be friendly, yes, be chatty, yes, but even if your boss IS so to you, NEVER cross that line. My bosses are really nice, like I just mentioned, but I do sense a distance (I mean, of coz that's expected) between us. She is nice to me and all, but she presents herself to me well enough for me to know that she is sincere, willing to help me, cares alot for my welfare, yet reminds me unconciously that I'm her employee. This sorta boss, always deserves the THUMBS up!

The renovation works took place today, and all the furnishings and stock are in. We ate ready to blow all you art lovers' minds away! I'm not kidding. We are called "K"rafers' Paradise for a reason,man. We have everything. I'm talking about the materials you'd need to make your own cards, and do crazy things with these materials. If you're creative, our products could send you ccoming back for more, and maybe even yearn to buy everything up! Yeap You would wana buy EVERYTHING. :) Craft punches, Em-punches (emboss and punch) , craft glues, acid free stickers...a fantastic range of them, the craft scissors, rulers, cutters, soft KUSH toys to send you screaming like a kid again, and much more!

COME DOWN TO OUR OPENING THIS SAT 10am-10pm ORCHARD EMERALD aka (green MTV building opp somerset station). We are ALREADi open since the starting fo this week, and today is i8deal for you to step down and LOOKY LOOKY! :) Plleeaasse, do come! :) Spread the word! If you think you've seen stuff in SPOTLIGHT and ART FRIEND, we have more!!

HAH, Okies, done with the promoting! My working hours now are: WEEKDAYS 1am-8pm / 12pm-9pm. WEEKEND aka sat: 10am-6pm / 1-10pm Sundays: 10am-3pm. OFF DAY: WEDS.
Renay said smth to me that really made me realise how very very fortunate I am to be in this job, and it made me even happier with this job than ever. She said " yay! HE made sure you can sing for him on sundays!! ^^" HAHA. I mean,not taht i wasn't grateful alreadi...but if you read my previous post, thoughts of leaving choir ACTUALLY took place. It's not like I just wanted to simply shrug off my responsibility, but God knows, I considered the optiuon only because I thought I really needed time away from people there. I guess he was telling me to remember how much I enjoy singing for him. =o) I smiled when I read her msg. It was HIM tspeaking to me. I believe so.

Now, in recent days, i have learnt new things. At least i acknowledge them more now.

(1) SERIOUSLY, Try to be satisfied with everything. Cherish what you have, and most imporanttly, REMEMBER them all. All the good things ard you. I do. You may say, YA RITE. But, realli, I do. i still hope, sincerely, that even If I don't stay with Mum and dad, I do wana still keep in touch with them, talk to them, check up on them, coz i still love them. HOWEVER, living with them to me, for now, really seems like another dead end on both sides. Reading their previous e-mail for the thousandth time, still incurs my wrath. I'm sorry, i'm also human you know. Besides, i find I'm really learning out here. Learning to grow up, to realise, i am REALLY NOT a student anymore. i AM A WORKING ADULT. My boss, too reminded about that today. I still remember my roots, and constantly think about family. I wil NOT shrug my responsibility if i ever need to take care of mum and dad, coz they are STILl my parents.

(2) Hvaing said that, some work protocol I've come to realise, REALLY has to sink in NOW. WHATEVER work I do, in whichever industry or environment, NO sms unless boss not around, NO phone calls, and even if you have NOTHING to do..DIE DIE find smth to do! HWA.

(3) WORK LIFE really = NO LIFE. I'm no longer a student. I just can't seem to get used to that. Punctuality has become an issue with me and now i will NOT be late anymore. Coz it has sunk in that my job depends on MYSELF to achiever good results. My bosses DON'T owe me my job or living. For that, i have come to realise just HOW important it is. Earning money noet easy. Getting job not easy. Finding good bosses lagi more NOT easy. haha.

(4) Don't take people's feelings for granted. I guess this is my issue with not being satisfied again. i don't wana be the person who expects everythign to go my way anymore. I hope I've never been totally like that , either. I treausre eveyone ard me, from my family mebers, to my dear, to harri and her family who have been so so nice to me, to renren who has been there enuff yet, I know he needs his own life too, to weiyi and stef...I think I owe them a major apology actually... to even esp dear's family. Dear's dad is in hospital now...cancer in leg, growing...all of us can only put our faith in God, and trust he knows what he's doing. Dear's mum sturggled to bring dear thru education and even though she's trying so hard to support the family and worry about uncle, she doesn't show her difficulties. I admire her ability to persevere. sdhe explains it is thru many years of working. I think today i learnt much from both her and Harri's mum. I wana be a good workinga dult, too. I am so grateful to still have dear and bro and everyone else around me.

(5) God helps you, whatever it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home